Who is a Good Fit for Leadership Exploration and Development (LEaD)?
6 Week Class
LEaD is especially helpful for new and emerging supervisors and managers so they can gain confidence as they face new challenges and enter positions of greater influence. LEaD stimulates discussion so that people can clarify their beliefs, values and style of leadership and refine behaviors that support achieving their specific goals. This program will not “make” anyone a leader, but it will bring awareness, understanding and knowledge of critical traits and skills.
- Live, in person workshops of substantive, thought-provoking content.
- Learning activities, resources and practical tools to use right away.
- Interaction with other participants to practice, support and integrate the learning.
- 1:1 coaching support between sessions with an ICF Certified Coach.
Self As Leader:
Leadership requires a different perspective from that of an individual. As a leader gets “up on the balcony,” he/she sees the world with fresh eyes. In addition to seeing what’s around a leader, the leader sees oneself in new ways. Self-awareness is key to effective leadership.
- Articulate one’s values and beliefs about leadership more clearly
- Communicate about one’s own personal style, strengths and needs
- Practice 3 easy steps for lifelong learning
Leadership is all about teamwork, so skillfully navigating group work is essential. Listening actively and speaking clearly are just the beginning of communication skills that engender trust. Learning how to build and sustain effective teams throughout conflict and toward good decisions is art and skill.
As a result of LEaD, people will be better able to:
- Understand how to strengthen relationships
- Confidently address conflict and move toward collaboration
- Use practical tools for managing meetings, making decisions and getting tangible, actionable results
Leading In An Organization:
A key function of leadership is aligning individual and team goals to the organization’s strategic priorities. This is best done in an inclusive environment where there is trust and respect so that each team member can contribute fully.